Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
Quantity:
Subtotal
Taxes
Shipping
Total
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

THE WATERSIDE CHURCHES - MINISTRY TEAM

Menu

The Ministry Team met for the first time on 28th July and will meet quarterly. The ministry team membership covers all three churches. Our team consists of our PTO (Permission to Officiate), The Revd. Canon Martin Boxall. Our LLM’s; Jane Darlington and David Watson, our Lay Worship Leaders Anne Ramsden, Jenny Kemp, Nina Davey and a Local Worship Leader, Janet Thomas. We are also joined by Revd. Jeff James, who supports us and leads some of our Holy Communion Services. My husband Chris has recently started to lead services of worship, as he has done in the past and joins us on the team.

We pray for the ministry and mission of The Waterside Churches and asked for God's guidance as we move forward together as a team. The team has many God given skills and gifts to offer the churches and will be encouraged, released and supported to fulfil their calling by me as the new Priest in Charge. 

NOTES FROM THE MINISTRY MEETING ON 4TH MARCH, 2022

PRESENT:

Revd. Karen Wilson (KW), Nina Davey from St. Feock (ND), Janet Thomas from St. Piran's (JT), Anne Ramsden from Devoran (AR), Chris Wilson NEW Lay Worship Leader (CW).

APOLOGIES:

Revd. Jeff James (JJ), Jane Darlington,

Opening Prayer and Welcome:

KW introduces CW, who is waiting for his papers to come in order to be licensed here.

NEWS:

World Day of Prayer went very well.

Each church reported that services were going well.

Lent activities in place.

Revd. Dr. Jonathan Rowe's last service with us will be on 27th March at St. Piran's, with a farewell party afterwards.

Ash Wednesday service was well attended (27 people).

Youth work was discussed and how to expand it was looked at. Hugh Barne, youth worker at Kea Church, has offered help nd the sharing of resources. He confirmed that only 2 young people from addresses in our Benefice go to the sessions at Kea, Therefore, there are undoubtedly young people from all communities in our benefice who are yet to become involved. Even though Feock has no school, the last census showed that the parish has similar numbers to Devoran and Perranarworthal. KW said that she has had no response from the 2 schools, but will try again.

WASH UP:

Christmas: there were lost services due to the pandemic.

The outdoor Crib Service at Devoran was very good and enjoyed by all 60 people attending. KW will talk to Revd. Jeff James about Christmas 2022 coverage.

Curate: KW to talk to Jane Vaughan-Wilson about a Curate for 2023. NB. There will only be 3 available. We need to lay out what The Waterside Benefice can offer a prospective Curate in order to "make the case."

APRIL ROTA:

The need to stagger the times of Easter Day services was discussed. We cannot offer Eucharist by extension. St. Piran's will be at 9.30 with KW, Devoran at 10.00 with JJ, and St. Feock at 11.00am with KW. This is a "one-off" solution and must be advertised as much as possible via the website, magazines, posters and social media. KW agreed to try over the next 2 days to find a vicar to solve the problem.

Other services for April were discussed.

HOLY WEEK:

Details to be put on the website and advertised throughout the Benefice.

LENT:

The Study programme, lunches, talks and Up the Creek liaison were set out. JT asked whether afternoon sessions could also be considered for next year.

ON THE WAY:

11 churches have now had their first consultations about fruitfulness. Feedback has been given to KW and analysis has been done. Meeting on 6th March to collate and draft a report. There will then be a round of consultations about sustainability. Nothing is off the table. The Deanery is £100,00 down and the Diocese is £284,00 short. The Deanery Plan will then be drawn up and presented to the Diocesan Synod. Budget to be drawn up on 22nd June, 2022. KW explained that her aim and motivation is to ensure the 3 churches are in the best possible position. Main emphasis is on building congregations, children, youth work, young families and the use of church buildings. It's all about, mission and outreach.

AOB:

AR and Chris Ryall to co-ordinate youth work. Diary and plan to be produced, put on website and advertised in the communities as widely as possible. It was agreed that a Benefice approach was appropriate, but good practice by each church should also continue.

KW asked to be told about things that involve the Benefice, rather than hearing things form elsewhere. She has had examples.

ND gave details of how St. Feock would like to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee, which would include a Jubilee lunch. KW said the church of England is expected to issue a set liturgy for the occasion, so we need to wait.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING:

8TH June 2022 at St. Piran's at 7.00pm.

Closing Grace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes of Ministry Team Meeting

27th October at 7pm, St Piran’s Church Hall

Welcome and Opening Prayer

PRESENT: Rev’d. Karen Wilson (KW), Anne Ramsden (AR) Nina Davey (ND), Janet Thomas (JT), Rev’d. Dr. Jonathan Rowe (JR) Jenny Kemp (JK)

APOLOGIES: Jane Darlington, Martin Boxall, David Watson.

MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Changes needed to add Nina Davey and Janet Thomas to those present and remove Janet Boxall who was not! Otherwise agreed as accurate.

MATTERS ARISING: None

MINISTRY – FEEDBACK TO DATE

· Martin Smith has resigned and withdrawn from leading services. KW has thanked him for his work.

· ND apologised for any upset she may have caused. This particularly concerned the circumstances surrounding the All Souls service at St. Feock, and other matters on the service rota. All present confirmed that she has no need to feel she is to blame. It’s a matter of appropriate communication, correct feedback from other meetings and understanding of roles and boundaries. Part of KW’s role is to produce the rota, with input from the Ministry Team. KW has spoken to ND already to allay her fears, and prays that time will heal any rift that may have been present. The meeting felt it was still early days and we are all on a learning curve.

· ND mentioned the difficulty surrounding the use of BCC in e-mails. AR confirmed that the JCC has resolved the issue at its last meeting.

· KW asked for feedback from the Harvest Services. ND said that St. Feock supported the “Chicken for Africa” charity and the village community had given great support. AR reported that Devoran supported the Foodbank. JT said that St. Piran’s had a successful service and had sent items to St. Petrocs, as usual each year. KW thanked all who worked hard for these services.

· BCP Services: St. Piran’s hold 8.30am BCP services on the 2nd and 4th Sunday each month and it is well supported. Devoran is experiencing low numbers on a Tuesday morning, with only 2 present at the last one. KW and AR agreed that this is not viable and it will stop after this week. AR said that the PCC at Devoran will seek to develop an alternative. Evensong at Devoran has a steady number attending and it will move to 3.00 pm for the winter.

SPECIAL SERVICES. – Christmas and January to March 2022.

· KW is happy to discuss proposals for special services, but it is important that nothing is arranged without such consultation.

· The current programme includes a proposed Covenant service at St. Feock on 9th January, 2022 and a covenant service at St. Piran’s on 6th February.

· KW asked that each church let her have requests to be included in the forthcoming rota for January, February and March 2022. Important dates to remember are Epiphany on 6th January, Candlemas on 2nd February.

· KW asked about Christmas decorations and each church gave details of arrangements. No problems emerged.

· Crib and Christingle services were discussed, with each church outlining what it is proposing to do.

ROTA FOR JAN, FEB, MARCH 2022

· KW circulated a paper asking for people to note when they are not available for the next rota.

CHILDREN, YOUTH MINISTRY AND SCHOOL INVOLVEMENT

· KW gave feedback from the Bishop’s Mission Order and On the Way meetings she recently attended. The Waterside Benefice is in Team 1and work starts on 17th January, 2022. The emphasis is firmly on children and the sharing of resources in outreach and ministry.

· St. Feock outlined their craft afternoon and Christingle walk to church. Devoran are holding a craft morning for adults and a Christingle for children. Devoran school has agreed to be part of a lantern parade and service. JT said she is due to talk to JR after the meeting about the crib and Christingle services at St. Piran’s. KW said she has had contact with Perranwell School about Christmas and she is waiting for the Headteacher to get back to her. JT talked about the difficulties at St. Piran’s of getting commitment to work with the young. She suggested issuing invitations to a special service, for example the Crib service, as inserts in Perran News. This would guarantee good coverage of the community.

· Chris Ryall has volunteered to be St. Piran’s lead, Jane Darlington will do the same for Devoran. St. Feock will let KW have the name of its rep.

· KW reiterated that there is the possibility to share resources in Team 1, and Rev’d. Hugh Barne is the contact for that.

TRAINING

· KW said that training for lay worship leading is available and would welcome anybody who would like to take it up.

AOB

· Advent was discussed and various options looked at. It was decided to use the Church of England’s Reflections course. This will be on 24th November, 1st December and 8th December via Zoom. Then a session on 15th December will take place, with mince pies etc., at St. Feock Hall. Meetings will be 7.00pm to 8.15 pm. KW, JR, AR, JT volunteered to take sessions. Jane Darlington was also put forward in her absence! Paul Stuart was asked to arrange the Zoom meetings.

· Martin Boxall’s PTO has been renewed and he will gradually be included in the rota.

· Churches Together and Up the Creek have events planned. KW is their coordinator.

DATE FOR NEXT MEETING

· February 23rd 2022 at Feock hall.

The meeting closed with prayer.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ministry Team Meeting Minutes - Wednesday 28th August 2021, 7pm Devoran Parish Centre

Present: Revd Karen Wilson (KW), Anne Ramsden (AR), Jane Darlington (JD), Martin Smith (MS), Jenny Kemp (JK), 

Revd Jeff James (JJ), Janet Boxall (JB).

Welcome and Opening Prayers

1. Apologies - Revd Jonathan Rowe, David Watson

2. Introductions - Each member introduced themselves and explained the role that they play in the ministry of their parish churches and how this has worked during the Vacancy. KW told the meeting that the team would be responsible for leading the worship in each of the churches and that by working together as a team we can support and uphold each other in our ministries. The team would be led and supported by KW, who would appreciate open and transparent discussions about ministry. She is very happy to discuss ideas for worship offerings.

3. Services of worship for the next rota - we discussed the wish for St Piran’s and Devoran to return to their pattern of BCP worship. 1st and 3rd Sundays in ninth - Devoran BCP Evensong to be led by JD and DW. 2nd and 4th Sunday 8.30am BCP HC at St Piran’s and Tuesday 10am BCP HC at Devoran to be led by KW. The feasibility of these services to be reviewed at next Ministry Team Meeting.

Special services and Christmas services discussed and KW noted which of these services each church would like to be added to the next rota.

4. Availability - availability for the next rota with regards to leading services was discussed and noted by KW. 

5. AOB - KW Karen will put together the new rota for Sept/Oct/November and send to team members. If there are any adjustments that need to be made to the proposed rota please let her know. Due to Revd Jonathan being on placement/study leave the rota will involve more lay led services this time around. There will be further HC services once that Revd Jonathan returns.

Date of next meeting - Wednesday 27th October at 7pm, Perranarworthal church hall.

Closing Prayer